Movavi Screen Capture Studio for Mac: How often do you use your iPad to watch online videos and have you ever wished that you were able to save them so that you could watch them offline without requiring a WiFi internet connection or eating into your mobile data? Naturally most online streaming videos on YouTube and other websites don’t provide that option, but that does not mean it is impossible.
How to Record Videos from iPad Screen Using Movavi
If you really want to save online streaming videos, or any other type of video from your iPad screen – all you need to do is record it directly using Movavi Screen Capture Studio for Mac. Although it may be mainly designed as a screen recorder for Macs, you can use the software as a screen recorder for iPad by following these steps:
- Launch Movavi Screen Capture Studio for Mac and click on ‘Record Screencast’ in the menu.
- Connect your iPad to your Mac using the standard lightning-to-USB cable and wait till a green check mark appears on the ‘mobile device’ icon on the left side of the recording panel.
- Expand the ‘Capture Area’ list and find your iPad then select whether you want to record it in ‘Portrait’ or ‘Landscape’ orientation.
- If you want to capture the audio from your iPad as well, make sure there is a green check mark on the ‘System Audio’ icon, and click on it once if not.
- Click ‘REC’ to start recording (and if capturing a streaming video, play the video at the same time).
- Click ‘Stop’ when you’re done, and then click ‘Save as’ to save your video, or ‘Edit’ if you want to edit it first.
Assuming you choose to use the editing features in Movavi Screen Capture Studio for Mac, you’ll find that you’re able to improve your video in tons of great ways. Its features will let you cut and trim out unwanted parts from your video, join video clips together, improve the video quality, and fix any issues with it as well.
Alternatively if you want to give your video some polish and make it look professional, then you’ll find that Movavi Screen Capture Studio for Mac has some great features on that front too. It can be used to add background music or a voiceover, insert stylish animated transitions, add unique and customizable captions, and more.
Suffice to say Movavi Screen Capture Studio for Mac is a potent and fully capable iPad screen recorder – if you want it to be. Regardless of whether you just want to save online streaming videos or would like to capture any other kind of content from your iPad’s screen – it will let you do so without jumping through any hoops.